Top Reasons to Back Up Office 365
According to Forbes, 50% of the U.S. workforce will soon be remote. This impending trend is not surprising when the tech world makes it so easy to collaborate with anyone, from anywhere, at any time. Microsoft is one of the key players when it comes to increasing collaboration among employees.
With Office 365; employees can share, store, and organize files, conduct real-time conversations with video and chat services, and speed up productivity since waiting on back-and-forth emails will be a thing of the past. With all of this data flowing through multiple lines of communication, it's crucial to make sure it's backed up should anything happen.
Our Microsoft experts at High Availability, Inc. have narrowed down the top reasons you should backup your Office 365. Check them out below...
- Accidental deletion of data
- Have you ever accidentally deleted a file and had that fleeting moment of extreme panic? Your mind races with worry and dread over having to recreate that document or file. If you backup Office 365 - you will never have to experience this feeling again because all of your data can be recovered in an instant.
- Internal threats to your data
- As much as you would love to believe all of your employees can be trusted, you need to air on the side of caution when it comes to your data. You need to assume that your data could be put at risk whenever an employee, or future ex-employee, becomes disgruntled. What if they decided to mass delete precious data out of spite? With your Office 365 data backed up - you can get back up and running in no time. Next item on your to-do list? Contact HR!
- Gaps in your retention policies
- Depending on your industry, your data may need to be retained anywhere from six months to twenty eight years! It's possible to lose data that falls off due to your retention policies. Without a backup solution, this data can be permanently lost. Checking the box that your data is backed up and recoverable is easy in the cloud.
- Threats from cybercrime
- Your data can be compromised from cybercriminals who are somehow (ex: phishing) able to gain access to your environment. With your Office 365 data backed up - you can quickly restore your data, so you have more time to focus on combating the cybercriminals who hacked in.
- Human error
- Human errors happen because...well, we are all human! Protect against *hopefully* simple slip-ups by backing up your Office 365 data.
- Compliance Issues
- Some industries, healthcare namely, have a lot of rules and regulations when it comes to backing up data. For example, under the HIPAA Security Rule entities defined as health plans, healthcare clearinghouses, and healthcare providers who electronically transmit information must develop and implement a sound backup and recovery plan, emergency procedure, and perform a data criticality analysis to remain compliant.
Contact your High Availability Account Representative to learn more about how we can help your team implement a cloud backup solution.